Sunday, July 15, 2007

What a weekend!

When the going gets tough, I get left behind. At least, I'm thinking that. So Friday night, I'm waiting for Dad to get home. 5 hours of National Public Radio is enough to drive a mutt to start drinking (I'll get to that). Well, Dad decides he's going to go party or something because he doesn't come home until after dark! What the F is up with that? Dad is normally orderly - he'll drop his keys, wallet, phones, mail, etc. Change into shorts and them let me out. Well, today, he was all apologetic and let me out immediately. Good thing, because I was ready to burst. I peed like 2 gallons! Dad kept waiting for me to do my other business. Well, it had well and truly stopped up. I couldn't go. So we went back in.... to dinner..... I HAD TO GO, as soon as I got done. Dad was surprised and let me out. I dropped my load on the edge of the patio! It was a supersized pile - McDooDoo if you will. Dad said that I'd get a "bye"..... not sure what he meant. But he didn't spank me, so I'm happy. But you should have seen Dad try to scrape up my poo with the shovel, I was laughing pretty hard. Good thing it was dark, Dad would have gotten mad.

Anyway, yesterday Dad and I went for a ride in his car. First time I've ever been in it. Seems ok. I can see out the windows better than the truck, but if you ask me, the truck has better cooling. Dad didn't like me licking and biting the car so he covered just about everything with blankets and towels. If he'd brought me a chew toy, I wouldn't have chewed on anything else. Sometimes, he's such a forgetful goof. I was surprised when we got to Uncle James place. Uncle and Aunt weren't there. But my boyz - Puppy and PJ were. We got into some trouble before Uncle James got back. He looked like a dead shrimp - all red. So pretty late, I think anyways, Kim came home and I got to meet some more family - shouts out to my new Kinfolk! Anyway, I got to sleep in bed last night.... Dad didn't let me, but Uncle James and Aunt Kim did. I like that more than my crate. I may sue for Doggy bed rights, I'm sure there is a lawyer who'd take my case - Pro Bones, I think is what they say on TV.

So this morning, Uncle and Dad took PJ on the far bank of the Atlantic. It was insanely wide. We crossed quite and myself to the ocean. I could see the French poodles a bit and you can see me standing atop the Rock of Gibraltar.









Dad and I took a rest here. He's a land lover, don't let him fool you. He didn't even get wet. I don't think he knows how to swim. They make kiddy floats for losers like him to learn with. Me, I'm a natural.











Anyway, Uncle James and PJ almost got over their heads in water. Good thing Uncle had PJ to save him, otherwise, he might have gotten washed away. PJ is my hero. I think he should have gotten some kind of award for saving Uncle James. You should have seen PJ splashing so hard trying to keep Uncle afloat, while Uncle was holding PJ's collar, dragging him down. PJ - he's just a STUD.





So, anyway, after all that, we go back to the house. Aunt Kim professes her love for me once again. And lets us four (her three kids and a little Dane, as Kim calls us) of her house slack off (there is a photo, but a certain individual who will remain anonymous is topless and this is a PG rated site). Well, we did pose for this photoshoot, my favorite pose..... Shadow at rest.








Oh, I almost forgot.... driving me to drink. So on Saturday afternoon, Dad is pulling stuff out of the cold box to eat. He pulls out Aunt Kim's bottle out and leaves it on the floor. I think we both forgot it. Well, later, I got curious and knocked the bottle over. I try to clean it up. It didn't taste too bad. Luckily, I get most of it up before Dad comes around the corner. He says that it's good for my drunken dog fighting style and then pours the rest of the red stuff into the sink. I'm not sure if Uncle James and Aunt Kim noticed me being out of sorts...I think it was late, so they probably didn't. After all, Aunt Kim would have scolded Dad for allowing an under-aged pup like myself to get into trouble like that.

No comments: